The Toro Company believes that along with its industry leadership and financial success comes a responsibility to give back to the communities in which our employees live and work. Our employees around the world provide vital assistance to their communities by volunteering their time and talents. The company promotes volunteerism through its corporate volunteer program, where full-time, salaried employees may volunteer up to 20 paid hours each year. In addition, the company provides domestic employees with diverse matching gift programs. Our employees' enthusiastic charitable ventures help make a real difference for those in need.
- The United Way, whose mission is to improve people's lives by mobilizing the caring power of communities, is one of the company's primary partners across the world. Toro proudly supports the LIVE UNITED campaign to help our communities by focusing on education, income, and health. Each year, our employees donate generously through individual contributions and fundraising events. The Toro Foundation matches these contributions at least dollar-for-dollar and provides products for local auctions and charitable events that benefit the United Way. For the past three years, The Toro Company has been recognized as a "Million Dollar Partner" with the Greater Twin Cities United Way by raising over $1 million through employee and company contributions.
Dollars for Doers
- The Toro Matching Gift Program bolsters employee generosity by matching gifts between $25 and $1000 to qualifying nonprofit organizations serving the arts, K-12 athletic organizations , civic, educational, environmental, health and human services, and public broadcasting.
Toro Team Program
- The Toro Company supports employee volunteerism with financial contributions to the organizations they choose to serve. The Dollars for Doers program donates $300 to qualifying nonprofit organizations where Toro employees volunteer at least 30 hours annually outside their normal work schedule.
Individual Heroic Effort Program
- The Toro Team Program matches charitable funds raised by teams of six or more employees. The Toro Foundation matches donations made by the group to approved organizations, from $100 to $1000.
- The Individual Heroic Effort Program supports Toro employees who individually participate in a charitable event of three or more days in length. The Toro Foundation matches donations made by the participating employee to approved organizations, from $100 to $1000.