Centennial Donation Programs
The Toro Company has been a steward of the earth for 100 years, building expertise for beautifying and preserving outdoor landscapes. At the same time we have built a legacy of giving back to the community where Toro employees live and work. As we celebrate a Century of Innovation and a Legacy of Caring we are proud to support Toro communities with a Legacy Grant Program and the Annual Product Donation program.
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2014.
The Centennial Legacy Grant Program is available for non-profits that are located within 30 miles of a Toro community. Grants will support non-profit organizations in their efforts to beautify and preserve outdoor environments and enhance green spaces at home, work and play. The objective of the program is to provide funding for projects in these focus areas that will serve the community for many years to come.
Legacy Grant Guidelines
Grants will be made to qualified organizations in the communities where Toro employees live and work. The project funded should:
- Enrich outdoor landscapes for environmental benefits & enjoyment through outdoor physical activities by improving and beautifying parks, playgrounds, landscapes and community gardens
- Encourage efficient use of water in outdoor and agricultural applications by ensuring productive and sustainable practices and protecting our natural resources
- Involve children and adults in education programs on managing your water resources
The Centennial Product Donation Program is available for non-profits that are located within 30 miles of a Toro community. Equipment and irrigation donations are made to support organizations in maintaining their facilities and achieving impact in their communities.
Product Donation Guidelines
- Equipment and irrigation is used on site at non-profit for beautification of their outdoor landscapes.
- Product is used to accomplish the mission of the organization such as job skills training
- Product is used in non-profits work of encouraging and supporting homeownership
- A request for product to be used in a fundraising event is outside the guidelines
For more information about the diverse array of product offerings of The Toro Company please visit www.toro.com.
The qualifying list of Toro communities is as follows:
Product Donation for Fundraisers
Toro supports a variety of non-profit organizations each year through the donation of product for fundraisers. This program is managed by each facility at the local level.
Qualifying organizations must:
- Be registered 501(c)3 non-profit
- Be located in a qualifying Toro community (within 30 miles of a Toro manufacturing facility or headquarters – see list above)
To submit a request for a fundraiser in the Twin Cities you must send a formal product donation request letter to email@example.com at least 8 weeks prior to the fundraising event. Please attach any promotional materials with the request (flyers, brochures, etc.).
To submit a request for a fundraiser in all other communities please contact the local facility.