Recycle, Reuse & Reduce
- Our irrigation testing facility in Riverside, CA, includes a closed-loop system that utilizes filtered, recycled water to minimize overall water and energy consumption.
- The Toro Company installed exhaust-scrubbing equipment to reduce carbon monoxide and other contaminants by more than 90 percent at its engineering test facility in Bloomington, Minnesota.
- The company's global manufacturing facilities further reduce environmental impacts by:
- Recycling steel, aluminum, plastics, cardboard packaging and paper.
- Recovering and reusing powder (paint) coating.
- Recycling water used in production through a wastewater treatment system.
- Replacing certain cleaning systems with new systems for reduced energy and water requirements.
- Replacing inefficient lighting fixtures to reduce our energy usage and carbon footprint.
- Recycle and reuse 90+ percent of plastic scrap generated by manufacturing drip irrigation products by recovering and reusing them in our processes.
- The company has implemented a rainwater collection and redistribution system at its facility in Adelaide, Australia, to irrigate the grounds.
- Where feasible, Toro transports product components from suppliers to our facilities in reusable or recyclable packaging.