At The Toro Company, we understand the importance of protecting our valuable water resources. That is why we are committed to developing innovative irrigation solutions to help our customers worldwide better care for golf courses, sports fields, public green spaces, agricultural fields, and commercial and residential properties. Our many cutting-edge and award-winning products help apply water more efficiently, while saving money and improving growing conditions.
- The Toro Company is a longtime partner of the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG), the philanthropic arm of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America, donating more than $1.8 million to help support scientific turfgrass research, education and scholarships for future industry professionals.
- Advanced solutions in site assessment, like Toro's new PrecisionSense™ technology, measure the variability of key site attributes – including soil moisture, salinity, compaction and plant performance – to help customers improve water and resource efficiency, and produce healthy, more uniform turf. This innovative technology was honored by the Minnesota High Tech Association as recipient of the 2013 Tekne Award in agricultural technology.
- The Toro® Lynx® Central Control System allows golf courses to monitor and react to on-site weather stations and soil moisture sensors. Information is then analyzed daily to apply the proper irrigation calibrated to 1/100th of an inch. Users monitor conditions and make adjustments each day, ensuring only the required amount of water is being applied.
- The Toro® Turf Guard® wireless soil monitoring system measures and reports soil moisture, temperature and salinity. The real time data helps customers make decisions on when and how much to water. This allows them to keep their turf healthy without over or under watering.
- With a focus on providing sustainable solutions in water management, Toro's Irrigation Business received the 2014 "Sustainable Design and Innovation Award" from the City of Riverside (California). Presented to companies that exemplify excellence in green building standards, Toro was recognized for its efforts in optimizing energy usage, conserving water resources, and using environmentally preferable products in site design.
- The award-winning Toro® EVOLUTION® irrigation controller provides the perfect balance of simplicity and sophistication with its intuitive interface, USB functionality for future water-saving upgrades, and smart control. Wireless connectivity to Toro weather sensors and soil moisture sensors enables each irrigation program to be controlled independently and automatically adjusted based on weather or soil conditions, while non-irrigation programs and wireless relays make it easy to control landscape lighting systems.
- Leveraging Toro's innovative Turf Guard® wireless soil sensing technology used on golf courses and sports fields, the award-winning Precision™ Soil Sensor helps homeowners maximize irrigation efficiency by preventing scheduled irrigation cycles from running when sufficient moisture is already in the soil.
- Toro's patented and award-winning Precision™ Spray Nozzles and Precision™ Rotating Nozzles easily retrofit existing irrigation systems comprised of all major brands. Both nozzle families apply water more slowly to help eliminate runoff and more evenly to deliver up to 30% savings in outdoor water use.
- With water conservation being an important national issue, The Toro Company renewed its partnership with the Wyland Foundation and its 2015 National Mayor's Challenge – a national competition among cities to see which can be the most "water wise." The ongoing association includes raising awareness about the importance of efficient water use through community events, trade shows, school presentations and art contests.
- Originally developed and funded by Western Municipal Water District and Riverside Public Utilities in 2010, the www.FreeSprinklerNozzles.com program has expanded to include 28 California water agencies serving over 75 different communities. With over 1.2 million Toro® Precision™ Spray Nozzles redeemed so far, water agencies estimate that the potential to save water exceeds 7.8 billion gallons of water over a five-year period.
- In 2015, The Toro Company introduced "The Water Zone" weekly radio show on KCAA 1050-AM in Southern California to provide a forum for discussing California's drought situation and to educate listeners on products and practices that improve outdoor water use efficiency. Launched in July, this coincided with Smart Irrigation Month, which was begun by the Irrigation Association to draw attention to water-saving irrigation innovation.
- In 2009, Toro became a founding partner of the Certified Water Manager Program. Created and managed by the California Landscape Contractors Association (CLCA), this is the first and only "performance based" certification program for water management in the country. The program provides the training and tools to enable irrigation contractors to manage landscape sites to water budgets set by California's Model Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance.
- For decades, Toro's Blue Stripe® hose and Aqua-Traxx® drip tape have been trusted by farmers worldwide in helping increase water use efficiency and yields. Blue Stripe and Aqua-Traxx, along with our more recent BlueLine® PC heavy-wall dripline and Aqua-Traxx FC (Flow Control) premium drip tape, greatly improve water use efficiency by evenly applying water slowly and directly to the targeted plant's root zone. As a result, crop yields, quality and resource use efficiency are improved, environmental degradation avoided, and water waste minimized.
- Toro Micro Irrigation is a founding member, supporter and presenter of the Grange Network, a group of agricultural professionals seeking to educate the agricultural community on best practices and technology adoption. In addition, Toro has published a library of drip irrigation educational material at www.driptips.toro.com including the award winning Toro Micro-Irrigation Owner's Manual and Solutions Brochures for fruit, nut, vegetable and row crop applications.
- Toro Micro Irrigation is a leader and active member of many organizations supporting efficient irrigation, including the California Ag Irrigation Association (CAIA), the California Irrigation Institute (CII), the Irrigation Association (IA), the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers (ASABE), and the American Society of Agronomy (ASA) among others.
- Helping growers identify the best system design for optimal water and resource use efficiency, Toro's AquaFlow Design Software reports the predicted emission uniformity of a proposed drip irrigation system design by selecting from a variety of laterals, submains, mainlines and flushing parameters.
- Toro's Drip Irrigation Payback Wizard helps growers immediately view predicted cost savings and revenue benefits associated with the conversion from flood or center-pivot sprinkler irrigation to high-efficiency drip irrigation technology using actual costing revenue data from throughout the United States. This tool is available to anyone at no charge.