By collectively leveraging the expertise and resources of The Toro Company and our business partners around the world, we believe we are uniquely positioned to meaningfully advance the interests of both our customers and the industries we serve.
Specifically, we believe in supporting efforts that enrich outdoor landscapes for environmental benefit and enjoyment through outdoor physical activities, and promoting the efficient use of water by ensuring productive and sustainable practices. We believe we can also make a difference through access and education in specific areas where our brands, expertise and products matter.
- In 2012, Toro partnered with Audubon International and The First Tee to introduce the ‘Live Green’ environmental education and golf course improvement programme. Making stops at golf courses around the country, students from local chapters of The First Tee learn from golf superintendents on their role in maintaining the course and caring for the environment – in addition to participating in several projects to improve areas of the golf course.
- Toro supports the Environmental Institute for Golf (EIFG) and, through its cumulative support, has invested more than $1 million dollars (£650K) in scientific research, education and scholarships for future turfgrass professionals. One of our most recent initiatives is an exclusive partnership with EIFG’s ‘Rounds 4 Research’ specifically aimed at increasing funding for turfgrass research across the United States.
- As a long-standing supporter of The European Tour, and many environmental organizations and causes around the world, we proudly support the Tour’s new ‘Green Drive’ initiative in partnership with Golf Environment Organization to help improve compatibility between the game of golf and the environment by further driving sustainable practices in the industry.
- The Outdoor Power Equipment Institute Education & Research Foundation promotes the environmental benefits of parks, greenspaces and gardens. Toro is a long-time supporter of their many programmes including their science-based educational programme, TurfMutt. In partnership with Discovery Education, this programme reaches millions of students and has earned recognition from several organizations including The U.S. Department of Education Green Ribbon Schools for providing effective environmental and sustainability education.
- Toro for many years has invested in academic and technical programs in agronomy to help further the education of future turf management professionals. These commitments include scholarships, product support, and collaboration with students and faculty to advance the industry and improve efficiency in resource management.
- In partnership with the National Recreation and Park Association, we helped introduce the first-ever ‘Green School’ designed to help park and grounds professionals implement sustainable programmes as environmental leaders in their communities.
- Working in conjunction with the Irrigation Foundation and PLANET, we provide scholarships and opportunities for future professionals to attend key industry tradeshows to further their education, develop professional contacts, and gain valuable experience in their core fields.
- Toro has served as preferred supplier of turf equipment and irrigation to The First Tee since its founding in 1998, and supported the organisation's mission to enhance young peoples’ lives through educational programmes and ready access to the game of golf. Since 1998, we have donated over $1 million (£620K) in student scholarships and equipment donations to chapters (golf courses) in need, and introduced several unique programmes to provide greater awareness around the business and science of golf.
- The Baseball Tomorrow Fund promotes the growth of youth participation in baseball and softball by funding programmes, field renovations and purchases of equipment. We proudly support this organisation providing grantees with discounts on turf maintenance equipment, as well as our annual equipment donation programme.