Servicing the Air Cleaner
Service Interval: Before each use or daily—Check the air filter service indicator.
Every 25 hours—Remove air cleaner cover, clean out debris, and check the air filter service indicator.
Every 600 hours—Replace the safety air filter.
Servicing the Air Cleaner Cover and Body
Important: Service the air cleaner filter only when the service indicator shows red. Changing the air filter before it is necessary only increases the chance of dirt entering the engine when the filter is removed.
- Lower the loader arms, stop the engine, and remove the key.
- Open the hood.
- Check the air cleaner body for damage which could cause an air leak.. Check the whole intake system for leaks, damage, or loose hose clamps. Replace of repair and damaged components.
- Release the latches on the air cleaner and pull the air cleaner cover off of the air cleaner body.
Important: Do not remove the air filters.
- Squeeze the dust cap sides to open it and knock the dust out.
- Clean the inside of the air cleaner cover with compressed air.
- Check the air filter service indicator**. If the service indicator is clear, clean any debris from cover and install
- cover. Ensure that the cover is seated correctly and seals with the air cleaner body.
If the service indicator is red, replace the air filter as described in Replacing the Filters.Replacing the Filters
- Gently slide the primary filter out of the air cleaner body. Avoid knocking the filter into the side of the body.
Important: Do not attempt to clean the primary filter.
- Remove the safety filter only if you intend to replace it.
Important: Never attempt to clean the safety filter. If the safety filter is dirty, then the primary filter is damaged and you should replace both filters.
- Inspect the new filter(s) for damage by looking into the filter while shining a bright light on the outside of the filter. Holes in the filter will appear as bright spots. Inspect the element for tears, an oily film, or damage to the rubber seal. If the filter is damaged, do not use it.
- If you are replacing the safety filter, carefully slide the new filter into the filter body.
Important: To prevent engine damage, always operate the engine with both air filters and cover installed.
- Carefully slide the primary filter over the safety filter.
- Ensure that it is fully seated by pushing on the outer rim of the filter while installing it.
Important: : Do not press on the soft inside area of the filter.
- Install the air cleaner cover with the side indicated as UP facing up and secure the latches.
- Close the hood.