How To Choose the Best Riding Lawn Mower
Toro riding mowers are built to last longer and perform better than any others you can find, but for many people, it’s hard to narrow down your choices to find what’s right for your lawn. The lineup of Toro riding mowers is solely zero-turn mowers because we believe they offer the most comfort, durability, and capability compared to others such as lawn and garden tractors, and allow a better mowing experience for our customers.
Because of their maneuverability and comfort, zero turn riding mowers are ideal for lawns with many obstacles including garden features, trees and landscaping. Consider the size of your lawn that needs to be cut, and the versatility you need, such as if you need to tow anything or mow different types of brush or grass. To start with, consider the size and grade of your lawn.
Now that you know the benefits of buying a zero-turn mower, here are the 8 key things to consider when buying a riding lawn mower.
- Durability – look for designs that are inspired by commercial machines
- Deck Construction – a heavier deck doesn’t mean a better quality of cut. Be sure to research those that leave a good after cut appearance.
- Engine Design – single-cylinder and twin-cylinder options are available, with twin-cylinder being the choice of professionals
- Cutting Height – look for easy adjustability without intricate parts which could break over time
- Wide Tires – wide tires offer the most traction and weight distribution for better stability
- Comfort – seat construction, suspension, and accessories (such as a sun shade) make all the difference
- Speed and steering control – adjustable speeds, smooth operator controls, and zero-turn steering give the operator full control
- Price – a key consideration for most customers, zero-turn mowers start around $2,500 and go up depending on need for features, range, and comfort
There can be a lot to consider when making this choice, and Toro has a fantastic selection of products above.